My most adored playlist is one I’ve created from things I’ve unearthed (or re-discovered) by giving myself over to a ‘radio’ or even a mood playlist.
Here are some of my favourites:
- See You Soon – Benjamin Francis Leftwich This is the first track on my ‘Liked from Radio’ playlist, a soft melodic tune that really sets the mood of the music to come.
“If you get time come back and be mine, if you pass by I will see you in the sky.”
- My Apologies – Isbells Tugging at my heartstrings, the harmonies & lyrics are just perfect.
“I had love to spare & it was meant for you.”
- When My Time Comes – Dawes Absolutely my favourite artist discovery to date, I can lose myself in a Dawes album any day of the week.
“Oh you can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.”
- I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) – Sleeping at Last When this played at the opening of the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow I was ecstatic. It was about the first time that I discovered a ridiculously wonderful cover before the rest of the populous world.
“And if I grow old, well I know I’m gonna be, I’m gonna be the man who’s growing old with you.”
- Send Me On My Way – Rusted Root This Matilda classic came onto a mood playlist I was exploring this week, I had no idea it was about to start playing & it was a heart warming trip back down memory lane.
“You know what they say about the young.”