Over the weekend, I had a (little premature) spring clean, while doing so I had these few revelations…
1. I’m not sure I’ll ever be able to bring myself to throw out a pair of Pokémon earrings I had when I was a teenager – I don’t know why, but every time I have a jewellery cleanse they make the cut. I’ll never wear them (except for unlikely fancy dress) yet I feel they add a bit of nerdy pizzazz to my earring collection.
2. Rearranging furniture is like organisational heroin – 72 hours later I’m still ‘taking a moment’ & surveying my studio flat like Mufasa over the pride lands.
Note: I know my drawer is broken & won’t close. Life is hard.
3. I love neck firming cream! I keep sachets & trial sizes from beauty boxes, magazines etc. intending to try them all out. When I found this I inwardly exclaimed ‘when on earth am I going to use neck firming cream?!’ I answered myself with the ultimatum to use it now or throw it away. I hate waste, so I slapped it on & god does my neck feel good. Thank you sk:n!
4. There’s no better way to order books than by status & order of preference. No matter how many times I give my bookcase an over haul I can’t organise my books in any other way but into read/unread shelves, & then by loved/ desire to read. Every time I consider re-ordering them by colour, height, author, & I just can’t do it. The only difference this time is that I’ve brought my cooking & crafting shelf up to try & encourage myself to do it more *hopeful*
5. Selling on Ebay isn’t scary! It’s a revelation. I’ve always talked about selling my unloved possessions, but never braved creating a listing, paying a listing fee, calculating postage – all a bit of a minefield. It turns out it’s actually really simple – Ive listed 6 items & one of them is even being watched! If I manage to sell them I’m going to instate a one in, one out policy for non-essentials.
Have you any tips on organising small spaces? I’d love some ideas for my actual spring clean!